Friday, April 15, 2011

step 19 - collar

Conchita's collar is not...possible... I mean, I fucked with the pattern I pulled from a wedding gown pattern and put in an extra seam that might get it to do what it's supposed to do, but...it really doesn't look good?

I need it to do this:


currently it is doing this:




IT'S DECEPTIVELY SIMPLE??? IT LOOKS EASY. it makes no fucking sense. ....it's just that CURVE. I am essentially fucking with the pattern so that there's a pseudo "princess seam" in it. I AM MAKING IT LIKE A BODICE :/ I made a mockup of it and was like OTL... fabric and physics don't really...do that... Anyway, you can see the extra seam I added in there that isn't in normal collars. it's supposed to somehow...curve...out...... and unless I make the WHOLE THING out of small panels (which I could!) ...it isn't possible

No comments:

Post a Comment