Wednesday, April 20, 2011

so my boss was able to hem my skirt for me THANK GOD. but ffff. is anyone going to mind/notice/CARE??? that my skirt is hemmed at 1/4" off the floor instead of actual floor-length...because seriously, that would be so much safer.... both for me and the gown... And really, I'll probably be the only one that cares that much. I am just very afraid of stepping on it and breaking my neck haha :'D

Was going to blindhem the tafetta, but iiiit decided to die on me. which really sucks. ...ugh I just ended up topstitching it. I don't have time to do it by hand :/ MACHINE BASTING IS MY FRIEND but wow that is a really hideous hem and one I would normally be super embarrassed to have. I am just hoping that the rest of dress will distract. Chiffon I'm just going to pink; I did the bottom added-on layer with selvage so I don't have to bother hemming it.

PROGRESS REPORT:
front "white" part of "corset" bound (used silver cause it's shiny also, there were scraps of it)
all 18 grommets in (my hands hurt like hell)
tafetta skirt hemmed (poorly, but done)
half of chiffon skirt pinked
bodice fit

what else did I get done todayyy...
....I think that's it
SO MUCH TIME sounds so little ;; stupid giantass circle skirts :/

No comments:

Post a Comment