Thursday, April 14, 2011

step 18 - more progress

Closures on the skirt! and the "corset"'s seams are stitched down. had major issues with the bodice closures though... idk man :/ I wanted to put in an invisible zipper, but I can't really attach the skirt to the bodice the way it was made, and really keeping them separate isn't a huge deal since there's a significant overlap so I don't have to worry about skin showing or whatever.

So I was like "well, I'll just put in a smaller invisible zipper then!" but then the problem came when I could get the gown ON but not OFF... so that had to get ripped out :/ I think I'm gonna go with snaps.

As for the skirt, I can't open it as low as I'd like for just one closure because it'd be visible, so instead I opened it about three or four inches on both side-seams, and closed it with a large snap and a hook and eye on each side. That'll be hidden under the "corset" and the drapey thing anyway.

stitched down either side of the seams on the corset to make it look neater and smoother. BEFORE on the left, AFTER on the right:


The bodice still needs to be better fitted and...actually closed, but with the petticoat and shoes, this is what it currently looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment