Thursday, January 27, 2011

Step 3 - \o/

So over winter break, I had bought this book:



because I already knew I wanted to do more VOCALOID cosplay, and remembered that there was a few pages of Conchita. I went back and found all these great images:





which really helped me figure out what the artist intended with the dress. ...At the same time I also think that some things the artist said they wanted to do make no sense from a practical point of view. For example, the way the gown is one piece from the top all the way to the bottom is dumb, in my opinion, or the way the bustle is created by tying the pieces at the back isn't actually possible. Fabric doesn't work that way!

The other thing is, cosplay pieces don't have to be real clothes. I'm going to make the bodice and skirt separately, and then attach the corset to the bodice so it doesn't shift a lot. For the bustle, I'm going to attach the floof at the back separately in order to make it look the way it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment