Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Step 1 - Decide.

So I've been thinking about doing a mothyP cosplay for ages, and I decided that I wanted to start with Conchita.



While not the easiest song to listen to if you're not used to VOCALOID (especially Meiko), I really liked the story. Also, this one's a good choice since I'm planning on doing it for Sakuracon and it's a cos I can do on my own with a set design, unlike Aku no Musume which has ten million different variations.

With a costume like this, I have a variety of pose options and it'll also be something fancier than the ones I've made myself in the past. Besides, I've been wanting to do something elaborately girly for a while now. Conchita is everything I like in a female character, elegant and beautiful while badass and shameless about being evil. My friends also seem to think that, of the various gowns I was thinking about, Conchita suits ~me~ the most.

So the video above is essentially my canon. The video is the official release for the song, and most of what I have to work off of. This includes the gown, wig, accessories, character personality and poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment